On Friday the 3rd I sent all the color choices to our builder and they are
progressing on the walls. On Friday they blew insulation into the attic and they were going to try to work on the front porch today but I don't think they were able to. We were told we're about a week behind schedule because of the rain and cold, which caused the sheet rock mud to crystallize like ice thus delaying production.
Today we went and made our final choices on appliances at Sears. It took a trip last night, much internet research during the midnight hours for me, and then another trip to Sears this morning to make our decisions. I just want to be careful to choose the best reviewed, the best for our family, not the most expensive, the most bang for our buck, and the most reliable. I wanted to consider all of these issues and it was very hard to narrow down my choices. Plus, it just overwhelmed me to be spending that much money at one time. All of this is a bit overwhelming to me. :)
I did finally pack up the front hall closet and guest bathroom decorations yesterday. I am having a hard time motivating myself to get started. Not for lack of energy but just lack of knowing WHERE TO START! What do I pack up that we won't use for the next 3-4 weeks? What do I pack that will not make the kids feel insecure in an empty house for this last month? How do I know what to throw in the garage sale pile and what to keep? How do I decide when to fit that garage sale into this month? :)
You know when you get really overwhelmed with a big project and it tends to make you procrastinate? I think that is what I am experiencing.
BUT, yesterday I started, so that is progress!
progressing on the walls. On Friday they blew insulation into the attic and they were going to try to work on the front porch today but I don't think they were able to. We were told we're about a week behind schedule because of the rain and cold, which caused the sheet rock mud to crystallize like ice thus delaying production.
Today we went and made our final choices on appliances at Sears. It took a trip last night, much internet research during the midnight hours for me, and then another trip to Sears this morning to make our decisions. I just want to be careful to choose the best reviewed, the best for our family, not the most expensive, the most bang for our buck, and the most reliable. I wanted to consider all of these issues and it was very hard to narrow down my choices. Plus, it just overwhelmed me to be spending that much money at one time. All of this is a bit overwhelming to me. :)
I did finally pack up the front hall closet and guest bathroom decorations yesterday. I am having a hard time motivating myself to get started. Not for lack of energy but just lack of knowing WHERE TO START! What do I pack up that we won't use for the next 3-4 weeks? What do I pack that will not make the kids feel insecure in an empty house for this last month? How do I know what to throw in the garage sale pile and what to keep? How do I decide when to fit that garage sale into this month? :)
You know when you get really overwhelmed with a big project and it tends to make you procrastinate? I think that is what I am experiencing.
BUT, yesterday I started, so that is progress!
Our little troopers waiting in the van while we view the progress on the house...

1 comment:
Garage sale? Could listing everything on craigslist.org make your life easier?
Post a Comment